Office Depot Discounts: Online and In-Store
When it comes to shopping at Office Depot for your business, it’s important to know that buying online and buying in store offer fundamentally different buying experiences. Almost 50% of customers in our Office Depot purchasing program utilize both options, so it's crucial to keep in mind the pros and cons of each depending on your business needs. Read on to learn how to optimize your savings through our group buying program whether you’re shopping online or in-store at Office Depot.
What is the difference between Office Depot, OfficeMax, and ODP Business Solutions?
While Office Depot and OfficeMax were at one point separate competing companies, Office Depot acquired OfficeMax in 2013 and merged all operations.
In May of 2021, parent company The ODP Corporation announced that it would be separating their business distribution platform from the existing Office Depot name, creating a separate company known as ODP Business Solutions for all Office Depot business accounts. While Office Depot and ODP Business Solutions are now two separate entities, that doesn’t mean you can’t do your business shopping in an Office Depot/OfficeMax retail store – businesses have options for making purchases both in-store and online, although the perks and savings may differ depending on how you buy.
Some of the differences between online shopping with ODP Business Solutions and in-store shopping with Office Depot include:
- Convenience - Shopping online with ODP Business Solutions is convenient as customers can shop from anywhere and at any time
- Product selection - ODP Business Solutions offers a wider selection of products as the online program is not limited by physical space, while Office Depot stores offer a more limited selection of products due to the space restrictions.
- Discount comparison - Our program with ODP Business Solutions allows us to negotiate deeper discounts for customers who shop online, whereas the Office Depot Store Discount Card offers more limited savings.
- Customer experience - Visiting an Office Depot location provides a more tactile and immersive shopping experience, while shopping online with ODP Business Solutions can be a more transactional process as it lacks the sensory experience of physical shopping.
- Shipping and delivery - Office Depot stores provide immediate access to the product, whereas ordering online with ODP Business Solutions may have associated shipping costs and delivery time – however, with our program, you can get free next day delivery on most items when you spend $50.
Overall, shopping online with ODP Business Solutions and in-store shopping with Office Depot both have their advantages and disadvantages, but we are happy to offer you additional savings benefits no matter what method you choose.
There are nearly one thousand Office Depot retail stores in the United States, making shopping in-store a convenient choice for many. For businesses who choose to shop for supplies in-store, Excelerate America can help you save with an Office Depot Store Purchasing Card.
With your discount card, you can save up to 30% when you shop in-store for your business at any Office Depot/OfficeMax retail location. All you need to do is present your card at checkout and your savings will be automatically applied to your purchase. It’s that easy!
Interested in snagging your own Store Discount Card? You can download it for free.
In today’s digital world, shopping online is the first choice for most when it comes to making purchases for your business. Having an Office Depot account online with ODP Business Solutions makes shopping a breeze, with even more discounts and perks than the Store Discount Card offers.
With an ODP Business Solutions online account through Excelerate America, you automatically get these perks we’ve negotiated for you through our Office Depot purchasing program:
- Up to 55% off your everyday purchases
- Up to 40% off all copy and print orders
- Free next day delivery on purchases of $50 or more (the lowest minimum of any group purchasing organization)
- Exclusive limited-time deals and bonus coupons
- Buy online, pick up in-store services
Get access to all this and more by creating a free ODP Business Solutions account.